Olivia Pratt-Korbel murder suspects released on bail as police in plea for information

The murder suspects arrested in the Olivia Pratt-Korbel investigation have been released on bail, with police appealing for new information.

The two suspects were arrested in the past 48 hours over the killing of nine-year-old Olivia, who was shot dead in her home in Liverpool.

Both men have now been released on bail, with one of them recalled to prison for breaching the terms of his licence.

Police are still searching for the gunman who shot Olivia and her mum after barging into their home while chasing a man, who was not known to the family.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: “Officers arrested a 36-year-old man from Huyton on Thursday 25 August and a 33-year-old man from Dovecot yesterday, Friday 26 August on suspicion of murder and two counts of attempted murder.

“Both men have been released on bail and the 36-year-old man has been recalled to prison after breaching the terms of his licence.

“Our investigation into Olivia’s tragic murder is ongoing and we still need people to come forward so we can build up a strong evidential picture and bring those responsible to justice.

“We are still appealing to anyone who saw a black Audi Q3 car in the days leading up to the shooting, or has any information about its movements after leaving Kingsheath Avenue on the night of the shooting.

“Anyone with information is asked to DM @MerPolCC or contact @CrimestoppersUK on 0800 555 111.

“If you have any CCTV/dashcam/smart doorbell footage that could help our inquiries they can be downloaded on the dedicated public portal for Olivia’s murder, which will go straight through to the investigation team. Footage can be submitted here.”

Olivia’s family previously released a public plea asking people to “do the right thing” and help find the criminals “who took our baby from us”.

Her brutal killing shocked the nation after a convicted burglar, Joseph Nee, is said to have forced his way into her home as he was being pursued by a gunman.

Mum Cheryl tried to stop them entering but when the gunman opened fire a bullet hit little Olivia in the chest.

In the aftermath of the attack, one resident told The Mirror: “You could hear it all.

“Her mum was screaming for help, she came running out into the street and she was banging on the car begging people to help her.

“But no one could do anything, everyone was too scared to come out of their houses.

“I’ve known the little girl since she was a baby. She was the brightest, loveliest girl.

“She was an old head on young shoulders and she was absolutely tiny.

“She was born premature and she didn’t look like a nine year old. They’re just a nice normal family, I can’t believe it.”

A black Audi allegedly came to pick up Nee and rush him to the hospital, leaving Olivia dying on the floor of her home.